"Single grain" refers to whiskey made in a single location using malted barley and at least one other grain. 94% of the mash bill for Kilbeggan Single Grain is made of meticulously-sourced corn, with the other 6% being malted barley. Kilbeggan Single Grain is a sweet spirit that absorbs the flavours of the casks it ages in. After aging in ex-bourbon barrels, it is finished in a marriage of ex-bourbon and different fortified wine barrels, giving it a smoothness that makes it ideal for cocktails, as well as a depth of flavour that allows it to be appreciated neat.
- Cooley Distillery
- Alcohol Strength
- Single Grain
- No Age Statement
|Nose||Coconut cream, vanilla, jellied fruit and summer red berries.|
|Palate||Wafer-like biscuit sweetness, hazelnut and light spice with nice oak tannins drying on the side of the mouth.|
|Finish||Crisp and fruity, glazed cherries drying with a lingering spice.|